Local Happenings - New AI Locale, MLK, and Ten Thousand Villages

First of all, sorry for such infrequent posts. I've been insanely busy lately. But it's good. As campus activism swings into action for this semester, blog posts will naturally become more frequent. That is what this blog is about, after all. Also, as I work on being less jaded about our country going to hell in a handbasket, I'll comment more on current events.

Amnesty International meetings have changed locations. We now meet every Thursday at the Flying M (corner of 5th and Idaho) at 5:00 pm. Join us please! We have exciting plans for 2006.

Don't forget about the MLK human rights celebrations. Visit mlk.boisestate.edu for more information. If you want to learn more about Amnesty International, attend the workshop I'm teaching in the SUB's Farnsworth Room, Friday the 20th at 3:40 pm.

In other news, I finally volunteered for my first time at Ten Thousand Villages in Hyde Park. Ten Thousand Villages is an incredible fair trade organization. After some more experience working there I'll write a larger piece about my experience and the organization.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Popular Posts